So you want to Learn C Programming
Welcome to this mini-series of video tutorials where we take a look at the Linux classic C programming language. As the base system that we use, we make use of the Raspberry Pi, however, any Linux based distribution should give similar results. We have chosen to look at C as it is a simple functional programming language. For object-oriented programming, we could look at C++ but we have OO covered with Java tutorials. Working through the examples and practicing with ideas of your own you will soon be up and running with C.
Text and Video
Each lesson comes with accompanying text to explain the code and is followed by the video demonstration. You may copy and reuse the text code from the page in your own examples if you don’t want to retype the code. However, you typing the code does help remember the code.
- Easter eggs in your Pi!!: Not programming but a look at the fun that you van have.
- Your first steps into C programming with the Pi!: Getting started in C Programming on the Raspberry PI, created for National Code Week.
- Using Conditional Statements in C : Learn how to make decisions in C using IF.
- Using Options and Getopt in C : Learn how to parse arguments and use options to you C programs.
- Programming WHILE loops: Learn how to write while loops in C and iterate through objects.
- Using Color in your C Output: Adding color can make your programs more friendly and easier to use.
- Using Functions that Return Values: In this tutorial, we take a look at converting centigrade values to Fahrenheit using C Functions.
- For loops and Menus in C programming with the Pi!: More loops and menus in C programming.
- Fully blown program for you to code in C on the Pi: Monday’s Child:Remember Monday’s Child, what day were you born on.
- Creating a quiz with the Raspberry Pi and C: Learning by rote and using C to test your language skills
- Understanding the SUID permission with getid and getuid :This program will help you understand how to the SET UID special permission works.