- Weight: 4
- Description: Candidates should be able to customize existing scripts, or write simple new BASH scripts.
Key Knowledge Areas
- Use standard sh syntax (loops, tests).
- Use command substitution.
- Test return values for success or failure or other information provided by a command.
- Perform conditional mailing to the superuser.
- Correctly select the script interpreter through the shebang (#!) line.
- Manage the location, ownership, execution and suid-rights of scripts.
Terms and Utilities