The LPI Linux Essentials 3 day course from TheUrbanPenguin will provide:
- A basic understanding of FOSS, the various communities and licenses.
- Understanding of the basic concepts of processes, programs and the components of an Operating System.
- A basic knowledge of computer hardware.
- A basic appreciation of system security, users/groups and file permissions for public and private directories.
- A basic understanding of how to make the system accessible and able to connect to other computers on a Local Area Network (LAN).
- A knowledge of Open Source Applications in the Workplace as they relate to Closed Source equivalents.
- Understanding of how navigation systems on a Linux Desktop work and where to go for help.
- A rudimentary knowledge of the tools needed to work on the command line and with files.
- The knowledge of how to backup and restore file archives.
- The ability to use different command line editor.
- Understanding of file compression.
- Ability to create and run simple scripts.
The course is hosted online and takes place across 3 days with two 2 hour sessions each day a total of 6 hours online training.
- Topic 1:The Linux Community and a Career in Open Source
- Topic 2: Finding Your Way on a Linux System
- Topic 3: The Power of the Command Line
- Topic 4: The Linux Operating System
- Topic 5: Security and File Permissions
Get in-touch if you think this sounds suitable for you or your business.