- Description:Candidates should demonstrate a proper understanding of TCP/IP network fundamentals.
Key Knowledge Areas
- Demonstrate an understanding network masks.
- Knowledge of the differences between private and public “dotted quad” IP-Addresses.
- Setting a default route.
- Knowledge about common TCP and UDP ports (20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 53, 80, 110, 119, 139, 143, 161, 443, 465, 993, 995).
- Knowledge about the differences and major features of UDP, TCP and ICMP.
- Knowledge of the major differences between IPv4 and IPV6.
Terms and Utilities