In many environments Active Directory from Microsoft may still be very prevalent and if you are using Linux servers it will make sense that we can have a single Authentication domain and that is like to be the AD. The video will step you through the simple process of install likewise-open and joining it to an active Directory domain. We use AD 2008 R2 for the demo. the Linux server we are using in Ubuntu 12.04 and a clean minimal install.
The main steps are:
- sudo apt-get install likewise-open
- sudo domainjoin-cli join example.local andrew
- su – EXAMPLE\Administrator
- login as example.localandrew
- %EXAMPLE\domain^admins ALL=(ALL) ALL with visudo